Betrayal and all that

What's that one thing, that one experience that made you think you had gotten to the peak of childhood.
Well for me, it was about sitting on the large salon chairs. I detested mini stools called 'akpoti' in Yoruba. My hairdresser practically told me I couldn't sit on those chairs till I turned 12. Well one way or the other I needed to make my hair, so I couldn't complain. But then the Countdown to 12 years began.
The birthday came, and I was more excited about adulting and all the 'goodies' it came with than I was for the party.
Behold after the buzz, I was betrayed by my hairdresser. It became a tale of 'you're too short to sit on these chairs'. So basically I had to start looking forward to growing tall. What a life!

You might think the word betrayal is too deep for such a naive story, but isn't this how we face various betrayal experiences on our road to adulting, the word 'betrayal' evokes lots of undesirable emotions on the victim.

Betrayal is an Integral part of adulting. It can come from any angle; family, friends, lovers, colleagues, clients or even bus drivers and conductors. Surprised much? Yes a conductor once betrayed me. Seemed like the nicest bus conductor I ever came across, till I forgot my change. Guess what, it was all the cash I had on me. well I didn't sleep out, I found a way.

People will betray you, you just gotta find a way like I did, and move on.

Well I learnt this adulting thing comes with lots of pros and cons. It's betrayal today, will be something else tomorrow. Watch this space to know what it is.
I won't betray you 😊

Meanwhile I'll love to read your story! who betrayed You? Your tailor, colleague or that lover? Drop a comment darling..

Comments

  1. Lol. The conductor part kelt me.
    Well, for me it's those our so called big uncle's with big hoisesd in Nigeria and those in the diaspora. All they do when they see your mail, text or chat is ignore for a while. Then play attack on you. How's studies, what year are you and all that irrelevant BS. Instead of helping your pocket grow at least while you trail the streets of Lagos. Let me keep it at that for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a kid, I was betrayed by my TAILOR!!! It was the festive season after the Muslims' fasting period and I was anticipating my beautiful gown. She promised to bring it that morning before prayers but she delayed till evening. Worse was when she finally brought it, it was a shocking disaster. I was so pissed ehn. Because of that, I now make my own outfits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can totally relate to your story. Happened to me too. Tailors sha😎 they always disappoint. But it all turned out good for you - Making your own wears. So nice. I hope you don't disappoint your clients like other tailors o😂.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Hey I'm adulting and it feels surreal!

Wassup with those 2019 Resolutions